Welcome to DarkForm Entertainment
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Developer Update: 4/1/13

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Acid

Acid

Founder

• Administrators
  • 63 posts
  • LocationFlorida
Hi everyone!

First, I know its April 1st. This is not an April fools joke.

With that out of the way I want to talk about what we have planned for Desolation: Earth. Admittedly Desolation: Earth took the back-burner ever since we switched to a new engine for Ark. That does not mean I was not writing down issues and improvements that need to be made. We also contracted extra work which we owed money on. In return we accepted that this team would lock the game until we came up with the funds to pay them off. We have since payed half of our bill so far, with the other half coming soon and enough money left over to pump back into new updates for the game, without the locking out system. This was also a test for our new anti-hack feature we are adding in.

So what do we have planned? Well first, update 1.1 was supposed to be the stability update. While this was true for certain games. Game-breaking issues came up again. This time I will not release the update until I know for a fact that a game WILL complete with max amount of players, laggy or not. We are taking a very prejudiced route to fixing this issues. Which we should have done from the getgo.

The other issue which we could not replicate and only saw a few times was the invisible players issue. We only became aware of this issue right before we had the game locked. This was the last straw, the game was just not playable and not acceptable. We are going to fix this issue if it kills us.

Dedicated server. This was needed awhile ago but since we had games hosted on Dark Energy we felt that it was no longer needed. We have since changed out minds and will be allowing users to host a game via P2P on Dark Energy... or host a dedicated server that changes maps randomly while you are away.

What about game-play? I won't lie a lot is lacking in this field. Firstly we are working on more memory improvements so we can add more players, guns, larger maps etc. Then we want to add things like images popping up for kill types. Double kills/head shots etc. Audio is severely lacking so we want to add new ambiance to zones. I would like to add an emote system for characters like "Target spotted" or "Enemy down" We also have some really cool plans for a new game-mode which I think you guys will love! Tracer rounds!! I cannot promise you tracer rounds but I will try my best! I feel there is nothing more aggravating than not knowing where your enemy's fire is coming from. I think this will add a really cool element. We have much more planned I will discuss with you later!

Last but certainly not least or last... wait what? We are working to overhaul the UI. I logged onto our development build the other day and I really did sulk my head. I almost could not believe I launched our game with a W.I.P UI. Gray background? Seriously???? I am making it a point to make the UI much more user-friendly and overall improved.

We did not forget about this game and we will not let it die! I promise to start investing more in marketing as well. First, we must release this update! I will post a follow up post to this thread with more information as if becomes available.

SVSCW

SVSCW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Sounds most definitely exciting, I'm glad that you still have interest in this as I see it essentially as the flagship for fpsc multiplayer and probably the best example of what can be done with it. If you need me for any testing I always love a match so let me know. Also, I'm happy to help with any art in the game (be it 3d or as you mentioned 2D UI)

Cheers

Poloflece :)
Posted Image

Acid

Acid

Founder

• Administrators
  • 63 posts
  • LocationFlorida
@Polo

Thank you very much! We always need your help with testing. In-fact here soon we will have to have you help us replicate and track down some of these issues!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users